Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday April 26th, 9PM

Today was moving day.  We checked out of the hotel around noon and then arrived at the B&B around 1.  I took several pictures of Gracie with the hotel staff.  They were so sweet to her.  I think the Matradee at the buffet restaurant was a little sweet on her.  He always made sure that he came and talked to her when we showed up and brought her warm milk to her himself.  He helped us on our first night there when we went to supper.  He made sure he talked to her to find out what she wanted to eat that night. You will see him in the picture if I get it posted tomorrow.

The B&B wasn't really ready for us but that really wasn't a problem.  We went out to lunch with our driver Diamond and then came back and chatted with some of the other families here.  Remember, Gracie is a little scared of Diamond so she wouldn't eat while we were at lunch.  The minute he left she ate 3 pieces of the pizza I bought her.  Silly girl!!

The Osswald Family that recommended the place to me arrived back around 3 or so and we just sat around chatting.  Carrie and I went to supper with the kids, that was a ton of fun. They adopted a little boy name Nate that is just precious.  Gracie is so funny when she meets new people because she is so shy....she eventually started to warm up.  I anticipate by the end of the week she will be just fine. 

The people that own the place have three young kids, she was at least watching them on her own without me needing to be there by the end of the evening.  I will have pictures eventually of her with them that I will post. 

Thank you to everyone that has posted comments on the blog and on facebook.  I really appreciate it and it keeps me going.  Several people have asked me what size she is in...she is a size 3T. I brought both 3T&4T clothes...the 4T are huge on her...I have tried but can't make them work.  We are just goin to have to do more laundry.  The other question I have gotten several times is when are we going to be back.  I am hoping if all goes well we will be back in Minneapolis on the 21st of May.  Seems like a lifetime from here.

Tomorrow was suppose to be adoption day however there is a one day strike that is suppose to happen.  This moved adoption day to the 28th. Flexibility is the key to not getting too stressed.  Very easy to do in this process. 

Well it is getting late, Gracie is sound asleep already.  That is one thing that she does really well is sleep.  I love  her so.....

Take care everyone,
Elizabeth and Gracie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth - Glad to hear how you guys are bonding so well so quick. How are you two communicating so far? I am sure she is starting to pickup few words of English by now. Has she tried talking to you in Nepali?

    You might want to learn these (emergency) words in Nepali just in case. :)

    to eat = khaanay
    water = paani
    food/meal = mom (this word is only used by kids)

    to go = jaanay
    potty (long)= aachee
    potty(short)= susu

    Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth! I just found your blog and I love it. So happy for you to meet your little girl...and I am sure you can't wait to bring her home. Enjoy and I can't wait to read more updates...she is a doll!

    ReplyDelete