Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday, April 24th 2PM

Nameste!!
Happy Easter Everyone,

I sure miss going to all of the Easter Celebrations back home.  I hope you are all enjoying your day.

Saturday was a nice day for me and Gracie.  We got up and had our usual breakfast in the hotel.  She sure has an appetite.  She loves food and the staff in the cafe love her.  Diamond our driver was off on Saturday as it is the Holy Day so we were on our own.  We met up with our friends Sasha, Robyn and Rodger (the Canadians) mid-morning and walked to Kathmandu Durbar Square.  There are many little shops along the way.  I have decided that I need to find a carrier to carry Gracie on my back.  She is very light but when you are walking long distances she gets heavy quickly.  The streets are not conducive to a stroller.  Robyn and Roger were kind enough to let me use their child carrier for a while which was greatly appreciated. 

Once we got back to the hotel Gracie and I went to swim for a bit and then took a nap.  I completely enjoyed the nap myself.  I also learned that Gracie really, really, does not like to be woken up.  She had slept for about 2 hours and I decided it was time to get up.  She cried and cried.....I will certainly need to work on my technique for waking her up.  We went out for a walk and then met up with our friends and went out to dinner with them at one of the restaurant at the hotel.  We had a very nice time. 

This morning we got up, ate breakfast, and then Diamond came to pick us up.  He took Gracie and me back to his house so we could meet his family.  We were able to meet his Mom, Dad, wife, son and niece.  I think Gracie might have ate a little too much breakfast because after we got there and enjoyed a Fanta Gracie promptly threw up all over.  I was so embarrassed.  Of course I did not have any of my thousand wipes with me...no they were all back in the hotel room.  They took it all in stride but I felt really bad.  Diamond tried to make Gracie happy by showing her his puppy....she started screaming...that is going to be a problem when we get home since there are 3 dogs there.  One day at a time! Once we left Diamond took us for a little canoe ride in a little pond.  He was very excited to show us this nice little lake by his house.  By this time Gracie was feeling much better.

On our way back to the hotel Diamond stopped by a Bed & Breakfast place that I am planning on moving to.  This place is much less expensive and another family from Milwaukee is currently staying there.  I am waiting to hear back later today if it is available for as long as I need. 

Gracie seems to be happiest just sitting on the hotel bed with just the two of us.  She is very shy and really takes a long time to warm up to people.   

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! The throwing-up thing will happen many more times - and you get used to it because the puke is from your kid!

    Loving watching your story unfold from afar,
    Doron

    ReplyDelete