Monday, April 18, 2011

On my Way

Hello Everyone!!

Thank you so much for all of the well wishes.  Please know that I got them all and they mean a great deal to me.

Today I arrived at the airport very early for my 3:40 flight.  So early, that the airline was able to get me on an earlier flight to Chicago.  This was great since apparently my original flight was already 1/2 hour late.  Now I am sitting in Chicago waiting for boarding time...not until 7:30, flight takes off at 8:30.  I am flying from  Chicago to Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) - this flight takes almost 14 hours.  I then have a 14 hour layover in Abu Dhabi prior to arriving in Kathmandu.  I arrive in Kathmandu on Wed. April 20th at 4:15.

Time difference between Minneapolis, Minnesota USA and Kathmandu, Nepal :

+10:45 hrs

Kathmandu is 10:45 hours ahead of Minneapolis
That means when it is 6:00 am (morning) in Minneapolis, it is 4:45 pm in Kathmandu.

I am looking forward to arriving in Kathmandu.  I will meet my daughter for the first time on Thursday morning.  A representative from my adoption agency will accompany me to her orphanage the first day for sure.  After that we will play it by ear.

More to come as I arrive in Abu Dhabi. 

Thanks again to all of you for your support and prayers through the years.  This has been a very long process, but so worth it!!

Love you all,
Elizabeth   

2 comments:

  1. Safe travel Elizabeth. Now if all the rest of the airlines would help you out and get there faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By our calculations, you should have arrived a couple hours ago... so exciting! The "fun" row + Michelle send you love :)

    ReplyDelete