Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gotcha Day March 25, 2012

What a trip this has been!  I left Minneapolis Airport early Friday Morning.  Fast forward through a long flight, long layovers and extreme exhaustion to Sunday at 4:30 pm.  After 6 years, 5 months of endless paperwork and long periods between with nothing happening Fu Ya Lan was placed in my shaking hands.  Her American name is Kathryn Ya Lan. 

She is absolutely beautiful!!  She is very tiny and very inquisitive.  She loves looking directly into my eyes, searching, I am not sure what for.  She is everything that I could have hoped for and have dreamed about for years. 

Once the babies were given to us we took them to our rooms to feed them.  (I am traveling with 3 other families from this point forward.)  Kathryn was only slightly interested in food.  I will need to work on that and also my technique.  I am not sure what the maid is going to think when she comes into my room to find I have shot baby formula all over the mirror!  Multiple times!!

Kathryn is very chatty.  I am sure you will all agree she will fit right in with me and the family.  She has a great smile and is fairly calm.  I was able to Skype with family and friends back home and she did very well with all of that.  Her Dad, sisters and brothers were finally able to meet her for the first time on Sunday.  They all were in awe of her.  Ella kept commenting on what beautiful eyes she has and Gracie just loves her little thithter (sister).  I can't wait till they can hold her too. 

Today we are off to the Civil Affairs office to sign our official documents.  Then off to Wal-mart to get our needed supplies.  I will need a stroller, she loves to be held but I realize I should have been lifting weights at some point in time!!

Kathryn and I made it through our first night!  We are getting up and getting ready.  Today is going to be a great day!!  Love you all at home, I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Elizabeth 




4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, she's beautiful! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little daughter you have. I can't wait to meet her and give her hugs and kisses! Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I get tingles all over and tears in my eyes! What a lucky girl and a lucky mom!
    I remember being in China like it was yesterday! Have a great trip. Enjoy your time together!
    Keeping you in our prayers!
    Carrie, Dave, Annie, Nate, and Nevie

    ReplyDelete