Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tuesday 3/27

Tuesday 3/27


Today we started our day a little tired and of course over slept. Kathryn slept through the night, she was so exhausted. And of course I didn't sleep through the night, I kept getting up to check to make sure she was OK. I should have known better. We got up around 7:30 and needed to be ready to go by 10:00. I was able to make it happen! Multi-tasking by feeding Kathryn while Skyping saved some time. Kathryn was very hungry and ate all of her cereal, which by the way, I am getting better at mixing and she seems to enjoy it now. It used to be that I was either too dry or too runny, but now I think I have it.



Today we visited the Tengwanggee Pavilion. This Pavilion was first built in the early Tang Dynasty and it is a 4-A scenic spot. (Not sure what that means but that is what it says in the hotel local attractions section. Which by the way, is where all of this is coming from.  :) It lies on the Ganjiang River.



I have attached some pictures from our sightseeing day. It is starting to get very hot in the late morning so it was nice to be inside the Pavilion, the cool breeze felt very good. While we were in the 9 story Pavilion, I took some pictures of the city that I am sharing as well. Nanchang is the capital of the Jiangxi Province. It covers 7,402 square kilometers and the total population is 4.85 million. Our guide, Grace, says there are no small cities in China. Very amazing isn't it!



After we went through the Pavilion we then went to a traditional Chinese restaurant. Grace picked out the food for the group and it was delicious. We enjoyed some of the local beer that you can only get in Nanchang. It was very tasty. Maybe that is what made me so tired. Or maybe it has just been that the adrenaline rush was finally subsiding.



After our late lunch, the group went back to our hotel. Some people made a second Wal-mart run, Kathryn and I stayed in. The two of us went to bed very early. Kathryn slept for almost 11 hours, getting up once to eat. I slept on and off but it felt good to catch up on my sleep. Tomorrow we get to visit Kathryn's orphanage. Apparently this is not normal so I feel very lucky to get to go.



I hope you enjoy the pictures!!



Love Kathryn & Elizabeth
Pavilion from the entrance gate

Bottom of the Pavilion steps. We climbed to the entrance of the Pavilion, then took an elevator to the top and walked down, looking at each floor as we went.

 On the 6th floor we were given little performance by some dancers
 View from the 6th floor balcony. The balcony went completely around the pavilion.
 A view of the city from the balcony.

The next three pictures are views of the city.



Grace our guide for the trip
 People on the right are with my group…view of the city.

These two pictures are from inside the pavilion



Lunch

 Kathryn can’t keep up…

1 comment:

  1. OMG - We were also in Nanchang and went to the same Pavilion!

    ReplyDelete