Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quiet Day March 29,2012


Today is a quiet day.  There was not a ton on the agenda which was nice.  Kathryn and I got up and skyped with family and friends back home.  It is always hard, trying to stay connected when you are 13 hours different.  I know my kids at home are so busy, but I miss them so much.  I love seeing them on Skype but we have been a little challenged with their schedules and mine. 
It is much cooler here today.  It has been very warm but some rain came in last night and cooled everything off.  The first thing we did was go to a very beautiful park that surrounds a lake.  We were able to take a walk and just enjoy being in the outside.  Kathryn was a little cranky this morning, she just seemed unsettled.  She slept good so I am not sure what she is feeling.  She is not singing and chatting like she has been.  After walking around the lake for awhile the group then went to a porcelain shop.  Nanchang is known for their porcelain.  I did not purchase anything but 2 of the families did.  They were very beautiful tea sets for their little ones. 
Between the park and the porcelain shop this took about 3 hours and after that we were done for the day.  We headed back to the hotel and really didn't do much.  I fed Kathryn and then she took a 3 hour nap. Maybe that is why she seemed a little off this morning.  Not sure.  When she woke up she was back to her happy chatty self. 
Friday is going to be another busy day.  We are traveling in the evening to Guangzhou,  I should be getting Kathryn's passport today and away we go to our next step in the process.  I am excited to moving on.  Once step closer to coming home.
Love,
Kathryn and Elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment