Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday, May 4th, 9PM

I have some catching up to do on my blog.  It has been very busy these last few days.  Mostly because Gracie is off of her nap/sleep schedule.  I don't have much free time since she isn't napping and by the time nighttime comes I fall asleep as fast as she does.

I have determined that Gracie has capabilities of mass destruction and when you add in the few things I have broken we make a great pair.  I can't go into a list because as of yet I have not confessed to all of them.  All in due time.

When I was updating the blog on Sunday, the diaper Gracie was wearing was failing.  So once again she peed on top of the comforter.  Do you know how embarrassing it is to have to fess up to that again?  So then because she napped so late on Sunday her sleep schedule has been off all week.  She wouldn't go down on Sunday and was very crabby on Monday.  We spent most of the day either crying or laughing....no happy medium.  Sunday evening, Jamie, one of the guests at the B&B came home with a gift for the kids.  Gracie received this cute little dog from her.  Jamie left us on Monday to go back home.



Monday we did more exploring around the B&B.  I am getting braver the longer I stay here.  Since Gracie was having such a bad day I didn't really want to try anything that would be too much for her.  Ana and Per got some new fish delivered on Monday.  (No Dave they did not name one after you)  That was pretty exciting for the group as you can see in the picture.  Gracie loves looking at the fish and enjoys watching them get fed. Monday night brought on something new for us.  Gracie had some really bad dreams.  I hope that does not continue...she would start screaming in the night and cry for awhile, then just as quickly stop crying and start sleeping peacefully again.  This happened twice - let's hope it is a one time thing.



Tuesday was our visit to the doctor for Gracie to get her physical and her TB test.  She was not very happy when the male doctor tried to touch her.  She just cried and cried. However, when they put the needle in her arm for the TB test nothing.....she didn't cry at all.  Who can figure her out.  We go back to the doctors office to have the TB test read on Thursday.  I hope all is well.  For supper on Tuesday night I decided we needed to go on an adventure because we needed to have some company other than ourselves.  We went to the Shanker Hotel and met up with three other families from the states.  It was fun to see the how everyone was coping.  Each family has their own struggles, while not easy, at least I know I am not alone. 

Wednesday we made our way to the Travel agent to try and change my flight back home.  Looks like we might get to come home a few days early.  The Travel Agent  told me I couldn't actually change my flight until Gracie could book hers.  I can't book her ticket until I have her travel document.  I don't get that until the 8th, so I continue to hope we can get on a flight back home on the 15th.  I really wanted to leave on the 14th but there isn't a flight to Abu Dhabi on the 14th.  So then I tried the 13th but that was booked.  So now I am looking at the 15th - please say prayers that flight works out.  That means I would be home by the 16th, 5 days early!!  Then come to find out there are 2 more strike days planned for May - the 13th and 15th.  That means I am going to have to make special arrangements to get to the airport on the 15th.  Only certain vehicles can drive during a strike.  Just my luck. 

Wednesday also brought us the discovery that Gracie has lice.  I thought we were safe but apparently not.  Lice is very common in the orphanages and luckily I had my lice treatment with me and gave it to her immediately.  Nirmala, one of the Didi's at the B&B found the lice and was very nice to help clean Gracie's head.  Hopefully we will get these little critters dealt with quickly.  Gracie really likes Nirmala and sat like a big girl for her while she was examining her head. 

Gracie and I spend a lot of time just hanging out with her running around.  She is so funny when she runs....




PS. She does her own hair, I have nothing to do with the little pony she puts her hair in every day.  :)

Have a great day
Gracie and Elizabeth 

2 comments:

  1. Hi E & Gracie,

    What a great start! I'm just catching up and love the adventures you two been having! I hope it works out on the 15th. I hope to meet Gracie soon! In case I don't get back on here, Happy Mother's Day E!

    Best Regards,

    Mei

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching Gracie run. How I would love to meet her soon.

    Love, Brenda

    ReplyDelete