Monday, April 2, 2012

March 31, 2011 Happy Birthday Dan!

Today is Saturday the last day of March.  I just now as I am writing this I realize that it is my little brother's birthday.  Happy Birthday Dan!!  Sorry I didn't call!!

Today we went for our medical check-up to make sure our babies are all OK.  We need this to be done prior to going to our consulate appointments on Monday.  All of the babies that are adopted out of China need to go through this process so there are a lot of babies here.  In the building that we went to the first thing they do is take a picture of the babies for their visas.  Then we have 3 different rooms or stations that we need to go to.  The first room is the measurement room.  Kathryn was measured for height and weight, she is 70 cm tall and 6.6 kgs in weight.  I think this translates to 27.5 inches tall and 14.5 lbs. The second room/station is the ENT.  The doctor there checked out her eyes and her nose and when he tried to check her throat Kathryn bit on the stick and would not open her mouth.  She was biting it so hard he could not get it out. It took a few moments to get through that room.  Then we had the final room.  This is where the babies hearts are listened to and they check the overall body out.  Well of course this didn't go very smoothly.  Kathryn is very heat sensitive and any where that you hold her she gets these red marks on her.  Well of course she had red marks all over her body so the nurse in that room had to go get the doctor to check her out.  This took a few extra moments and of course had me a little on edge.  But the doctor came and talked with me about it and in the end signed the document.  He thinks she may have a little allergy to her clothes.  I will see if this persists when we get home.  Maybe she will just have sensitive skin just like me!

After the medical doctors office most of the families went back to the hotel,  they were very tired from the night before.  I decided to go with Grace who was going to get her nails done. The three of us had lunch in a fast food Chinese restaurant and then went to the nail place.  I decided to get a manicure and a pedicure.  This was a ton of fun and I am glad I went.  Kathryn took a good nap in my lap as the ladies were working on my nails.  When she woke up she of course charmed them all.  Grace and I call Kathryn our "little bird".  She makes so many little noises that it reminds both of us of a little bird. 

After getting my nails done, Kathryn and I went back to the hotel by taxi.  (Grace had some other things she still wanted to do before going back.)  So we made it back to the hotel and later in the evening ended up going to supper in the hotel with one of the other families.  Since we had gotten a coupon for the hotel buffet we decided to take advantage of it.  A nice casual supper with no stress was great.  And then early to bed. 

Love to all of you,
Kathryn and Elizabeth 





1 comment:

  1. Isn't the medical exam crazy? I just remember it being sooooo chaotic!

    ReplyDelete